A Report on “ Training on School Focal Point Teachers (SFPT) on School Safety” organized by DDMA, Charaideo & Sivasagar District of Assam
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA), Guwahati has been conducted a 5-Day RP training on School Focal Point Teachers (SFPT) on School Safety” among DIET Faculties of Assam at Guwahati to organize the same training at district level for the school focal point teachers in consultation with District Disaster Management Authority of the concerned district.
To participate in the said training, the Principal, DIET Sivasagar, Sonari has been selected two faculties from DIET as Resource Persons namely, Sri Dipankar Chakraborty and Sri Hriday Bhattacharyya. As the DIET Sivasagar bears the responsibility of two districts i.e Charaideo & Sivasagar, after dividing the entire Sivasagar District into its two parts, therefore, the two Resource Persons has been conducted the said training in two different dates and times in both the districts in consultation with the concerned DDMA.
Accordingly, the Charaideo District Disaster Management Authority has been arranged the training from 21st November, 2019 to 23rd November, 2019 while the Sivasagar District Disaster management Authority has been organized the same training from 26th November, 2019 to 30th November, 2019. The concerned Addl. Deputy Commissioner, Revenue & Disaster Management Branch of the said districts had inaugurated the training programme in presence of concerned P.O, DDMA. During the training period, it has been observed that a large number of school focal point teachers from Primary to Sr. Secondary level have been joined in this training.
The basic objectives of this training are
- To provide basic knowledge about the concept of Disaster, Hazards, Vulnerability, Risk etc. in connection with happening of any kind of disaster.
- To create awareness among the school teachers as well as the students towards the society as to how to prepare themselves during the period of disaster like Flood, earthquake etc.
- To provide basic knowledge how to prepare School Disaster Management Plan at school to prepare the school students themselves during disaster as per RTE Act.2009.
- To inculcate the teachers about the structural and non-structural issues related to their schools and to make themselves repair whenever necessary.
- To provide basic knowledge about the psychological issues arisen during any kind of disaster among the students and make them prepare before arising such disaster.
- To create awareness among the teachers and society about Right To Education Act, 2009 and its proper implementation in recent time.